29 Dec Top 10s of 2019
Every year I try and reflect on different aspects of my year! As we close out another year (2019) I figured I’d offer up a list of Top 10s to share with you! Whether it’s music, movies, books, memories, or even my favorite amazon purchases, here are my tops! Here we go!
Top 10 Albums Released in 2019
- “The Search” NF
- “Vida” Luis Fonsi
- “The Story’s Not Over Yet” Jeremy Camp
- “Head Above Water” – Avril Lavigne
- “Happiness Begins” Jonas Brothers
- “Better” by Stars Go Dim
- “Romance” by Camilla Cabello
- “Whirlwind” Maddie Poppe
- “Lover” by Taylor Swift
- “Hurts 2B Human” P!nk
Honorable Mentions: “bye, sad girl – EP” Hollyn & “Native Tongue” Switchfoot
Obviously I’m a big fan of pop music, but this year my top album would have to be NF’s “The Search”. I have never been a fan of rap music, but for some reason I can’t get enough of NF. His lyrics cut straight to my heart and his flow and beats stick in my head for days. Plus finally getting to see him in concert this year was incredible. Whether I’m looking for music when I’m excited or when I’m down, I turned to this album over and over and over again.
Top 40 Songs Released in 2019
- “So Long” – Rachael Lampa
- “Don’t Give Up On Me” – Andy Grammer
- “Trauma” – NF
- “Keeper of My Heart” – Avalon
- “Head Above Water” – Avril Lavigne
- “Courage” – Celine Dion
- “Anxious” – Sara Reeves
- “Empire” – Nick Fradiani
- “Father” – Jeremy Camp
- “Boots” – Greyson ChanceRachael Lampa returned to the music scene this year with 4 amazing songs (one a Christmas tune). It was really hard to decide on my top song of the year, but every time I heard the words to this song and her INCREDIBLE vocals, I knew this was my number 1 for the year. With a year that saw the return of Avalon (from a 10! year hiatus), Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion, Greyson Chance, and more this list was so hard….which is why I just had to go ahead and list my top 40…
- “Lose You to Love Me” – Selena Gomez
- “Shatter Us” – The Rocket Summer
- “Close” – Tauren Wells
- “My Stress” – NF
- “Apaga la Luz” – Luis Fonsi
- “i don’t know if we can be friends” – Hollyn
- “90 Days” – P!nk ft. Wrabel
- “Never Really Over” – Katy Perry
- “Broken & Beautiful” – Kelly Clarkson
- “It’s Gonna Get Better” – Stars Go Dim
- “You Need to Calm Down” – Taylor Swift
- “No lo Trates” – Daddy Yankee, Pitbull, Natti Natasha
- “Still” – Hunter Hayes
- “Confetti” – Gone West
- “Fall on Me” – Great Big World and Christina Aguilera
- “Pill for This” – Sam DeRosa
- “When We Fall Apart” – Ryan Stevenson
- “Wanted” – OneRepublic
- “homecoming queen” – Kelsea Ballerini
- “Don’t Throw it Away” – Jonas Brothers
- “Talk, Talk, Talk” – TRALA
- “Soon You’ll Get Better” – Taylor Swift ft. Dixie Chicks
- “The Strength to Let Go” – Switchfoot
- “Getting Good” – Lauren Alaina
- “Liar” – Camila Cabello
- “Maybe” – Nichole Nordeman
- “Truth Be Told” – Matthew West
- “Unstoppable” – Koryn Hawthorne ft Lecrae
- “Skeletons” – Maddie Poppe
- “Oregon” – Shawn McDonald
Top 10 Movies Released in 2019
- Avengers: End Game
- Isn’t it Romantic
- It: Chapter Two
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold
- Toy Story 4
It should come as no surprise that being a HUGE Marvel Fan, Avengers: End Game would be my top move. I mean think of the work over the past decade and countless movies that led to that culminating event. And the emotional impact of that movie for me, was wow. But I gotta admin, Isn’t it Romantic was a CLOSE 2nd. Many of you probably haven’t seen it but it’s probably one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen and I think I watched it close to 10 times this year hahaha! And don’t judge me for the Dora movie. It was FUNNY!
Top 10 Books Released in 2019
- A Boy Like You by Frank Murphy
- I’m All Over the Place: A book of Poems, Prayers, and Wonderings by Tanner Olson
- Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
- Sulwe by Lupita Nyong’o
- The Toll by Neal Shusterman
- Sofia Valdez, Future Prez by Andrea Beaty
- Endling #2: The First by Katherine Applegate
- GMorning, GNight!: Little Pep Talks for Me and You by Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in 10 Blocks by Jason Reynolds
- The Cool Bean by Jory John
- Sticks by Diane Alber
This was soooo hard! I’ve read so many books this year! But A Boy Like You has to be my favorite with Tanner Olson’s book being a VERY close second. But you can’t go wrong picking up ANY of these books! Whether they’re young adult, picture books, chapter books, books for adults, poetry or more!
Top 10 Amazon Purchases of 2019
( for transparency, some of these links may be affiliate links)
Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler (Multiple Sizes) – this was a LIFE CHANGER for us! We have a little dog who has been a terror sleeping at night. We read online about this dog bed and man has it finally given us some peace. It wraps her up and calms her down!
Portable Phone Charger – I take my phone everywhere and this portable charger has been the best I’ve ever owned. Lasts for several charges and isn’t heavy!
- Dymo Label Printer – I do a lot of shipping from my home and this is by far my favorite printing machine for stamps, labels, and shipping labels!
- Premium Heavy Duty Scissors – I have a love/hate relationship with scissors. Until I forked over the money and bought this pair of scissors. I will never buy a different brand again!
- Bissel Pet Hardwood Bagless Vacuum – As I said above we have pets…and hardwood floors. This is the best vacuum we’ve owned for picking up pet hair!
- Yellow Push Cart Dolly – With moving around stuff all the time I LOVE this bright yellow dolly to help me easily move things and it folds up!
- Wireless Doorbell – Teacher hack: buy one for your classroom and use as an attention getter. BRILLIANT!
- Cast Iron Tortilla Press – I’ve become obsessed with homemaking my own tortillas and this press was a life changer.
- White Noise Machine – need help falling (and staying) asleep! Check out this white noise machine. We love it. I travel with it too!
- Limited Edition Post Its: Color Collection – confession: I’m in love with Post-Its and this color collection you can’t pass up!
Top 10 Memories of 2019
In no particular order:
Submitting my 4th book When Kids Lead: An Adult’s Guide to Inspiring, Empowering, and Growing Young Leaders with my friend Adam Dovico (coming 2020)
Doing my first ever stand-alone Get Your Lead On conference with Adam Dovico (and having Liz along to help!)
Leaving Webb/Starting my job at TEPSA
Traveling to Portugal
Getting John C Maxwell Certified
Seeing Hamilton live
Get Your Teach On National Conference with 24 of my Webb Team
Kelly Clarkson Show Live Taping with Tyson Jones
Announcing Celebrate Your Story PD Event planned for Jan 2020
for King & Country, Sara Bareilles, Tanner Olson (Written to Speak), NF, Avalon, Justin Williams, J Lo, Carrie Underwood, Casting Crowns, Double Dare LIVE, P!nk, and Joanna Gains
2019 was quite a year! This is just a glimpse into some things I’ll be remembering for years to come! Thanks for joining me on this ride!